- It’s the middle of winter here in Canada and we have so much snow! I love it! Learn some vocabulary related to snow, and read about some fun things you can do in the snow!
- Happy Valentine’s Day!
This is such a fun day. Read more about Valentine’s Day here. You can also read about how to talk about relationships, learn some marriage idioms and expressions, learn what an ex is, and listen to a story about my parents’ 53rd wedding anniversary.
- How I Did It: Jean-Yves’s Story Jean-Yves sent me an email last year detailing a trick he used to improve his English pronunciation. Read about why you need to pay attention to the way native English speakers speak your language!
- English Pronunciation Study Tip – Get Used to Feeling Uncomfortable Learn about one of the biggest obstacles to overcome to improve your English pronunciation!
- An Introduction to the IPA The IPA is the International Phonetic Alphabet. It is a set of symbols that represent the sounds of a language. When you know all the symbols that represent the sounds of American English, you can pronounce any English word!
- Find out how you can improve your English by joining Audible.com & listening to audiobooks! It doesn’t even feel like studying, because you’re listening to something interesting!
How Can I Help You?
I want to listen to the English Teacher Melanie podcast. Where can I find all the listening lessons?
The complete list of podcast episodes (listening lessons) is available here.
How can I listen to the podcast on my phone/tablet?
If you have an iPhone or iPad, download the Apple podcast app and search for English Teacher Melanie in the store. If you use Android on your phone, download the Podkicker app.
I am a beginner.
Here is a list of free, online resources for beginners.
I want to improve my vocabulary.
Are you learning the right words? Focus on learning core vocabulary.
I want to improve my pronunciation.
Follow my tips on how to improve your pronunciation. Learn the different components of spoken English, watch my videos, and listen to my podcast (which include pronunciation lessons).
I need help studying for the TOEFL iBt.
Here are my 10 tips for TOEFL success.
My English is terrible. Everybody speaks English better than I do. I am afraid that people will laugh at me if I make a mistake. What can I do?